Serum with retinal - natural, fresh, active, double-stabilized, in concentrations of 0.05% or 0.15%.
Natural retinal obtained through biotechnological processes. The concentration of retinal is 0.05% or 0.15%, which is equivalent to approximately 0.5% and 1.5% of retinol concentration.
Super fresh, keep in the fridge
Store refrigerated. Best if used within 16 weeks.
The booster comes in a light emulsion formula that does not weigh upon the skin, and can be used before any cream or independently.
For all skin types, regardless of age and complexion, especially tired, mature, acne-prone skin that needs radiance, glow-up and energy, fighting discolouration, ageing and loss of firmness.
Pure, green ingredients
INGREDIENTS | INCI: Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Opuntia Ficus Indica (Prickly Pear) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Propanediol, Glycerin, Bakuchiol, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus/Acerola Cherry Ferment, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Ubiquinone, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Retinal, Sodium Hyaluronate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Aqua, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Farnesol
(+) Full ingredient list
Retinal - vitamin A normalizes and regulates the functions of the skin wonderfully, it determines the proper growth, development and functioning of epidermal cells, hence vitamin A (retinoic acid) is often referred to as a normalizing factor. Retinal becomes active vitamin A (which the skin uses) after one conversion, while retinol needs two conversions to become vitamin A. Fewer transformations make retinal extremely effective, and yet far less irritating than classic retinol. According to research, it is about 10-11 times more powerful than classic retinol. After transformation under the influence of enzymes into retinoic acid (vitamin A), retinal accelerates creation of new skin cells, improves skin quality, density, firmness, nourishment, improves its elasticity, reduces the number of particles harmful to collagen, and reduces the visibility of discolourations. It is extremely effective in preventing imperfections, has a strong antibacterial effect, making it perfect for acne-prone skin.
Bakuchiol – indispensable in the formula, a plant substance similar to retinoids that affects some of the receptors affected by vitamin A. With its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-acne and anti discoloration properties, bakuchiol stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. It reduces wrinkle depth significantly, as confirmed by numerous studies. In addition, it reduces the size of melanocytes, and thus reduces melanin production and discolourations as well as improves skin tone. Gentle on the skin, does not cause any irritation.
Vitamin C - added in its most stable and efficient form of ethylated ascorbic acid and lipophilic (fatty) vitamin C spiked with Cockatoo plum superfood extract, which helps vitamin C reach deeper into the skin. Vitamin C is famous for helping the skin glow up, combating hyperpigmentation, brightening up the skin, fighting ageing and wrinkles, stimulating collagen and protecting and strengthening blood vessels.
Coenzyme Q10 - specializes in protecting skin cells from UVA (protects collagen break-up), heals damage caused by free radicals, delays the ageing of fibroblasts (wrinkles appear due to reduced number and efficiency of fibroblasts).
Vitamin E - added as a mix of all tocopherols: d-alpha, d-beta, d-gamma and d-delta. Vitamin E boosts vitamin C activity, has potent anti-oxidant properties, prevents ageing, protects from UV light, makes healing easier, smooths the skin and scars.
D-panthenol –a.k.a. provitamin B5, it moisturises perfectly, retains water in the deep layers of the skin. We added it because it will soothe dry, irritated, reddened skin effectively and play a significant role in case of skin irritation. It has also got recuperative properties, accelerates regeneration processes and stimulates cells to renew.
Lacobacillus/Acerola Cherry Ferment – acerola bioferment. The fruit, called Barbados cherry, has high vitamin C concentration. An anti-oxidant, it nourishes, brightens up, smooths and improves complexion. Thanks to anthocyanins, the ingredient is an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing skin redness, strengthening blood vessels, improves blood micro-circulation, thus it's recommended to people with rosacea and couperose skin and signs of photo-ageing: wrinkles, hyperkeratosis in the epidermis and melasma. Produced by fermentation (with lactic acid), which helps increase the absorption and efficiency of the extract and reduces skin irritation.
Hyaluronic acid - added in the ultra-small particle form, the smallest mass available, to permeate deeper parts of the epidermis, where it binds moisture, leaving the skin hydrated and juicy.
Cockatoo plum - a superfood fruit with the highest vitamin C content known in botanic, (5300mg/100g), which is 100 times less than an orange. A rich source of polyphenols and vitamin C that lightens up, glows up and smooths the skin. Our extract also leads to creation of additional transporters in the cells of the epidermis, responsible for vitamins permeating deeper into the cell.
Propanediol - boosts the penetration of active ingredients into the skin, so that the skin can use of all ingredients well, it also maintains moisture, moisturises and softens.
Oils: rosehip and fig opuntia seed oil contain plenty of anti-inflammatory polyunsaturated fatty acids, replenish the natural structure of the epidermis, helping retain water better, protect against external factors and support the skin undergoing retinal therapy.
Flower water: from Damask rose petals.
Scent: essential oil of tangerine, a sweet citrus fruit with a vibrant, energizing scent.
Use the booster in the evening on cleansed, dry skin before applying the cream / serum. Shake well before use. Start the application from the top of the face, moving downwards with a gentle skin massage - the roll-on tip with a glass, cool ball is perfect for massage. Distribute over the skin thoroughly and evenly by patting or massaging, avoiding the area around the eyes, nose and mouth. Apply a moisturising cream / serum that strongly regenerates the skin.
Store refrigerated. Best if used within 16 weeks.
Note: Fresh, active and stable formula. Store refrigerated. Best if used within 16 weeks. The date at the bottom of the bottle is the best before date only, which does not mean the product cannot be used from then on.
Caution! The product contains substances that are not allowed for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a dermatologist before using retinal. Throughout the treatment, use UV protection products on the face.
Weight 20 g. Vegan product.
Glamour Glammies 2022
Winner in the category Face - Serum
Adds turbo glow!
A true youth boost.
Why should you choose our retinal booster?
Because it is natural, fresh and active!
We have natural retinal, which makes it more bioavailable.
We do not use synthetic retinal. Our retinal is produced through a biotechnological process, so it is of natural origin. It is more bioavailable, physiologically effective, and easier for the skin to utilize compared to other synthetic counterparts.
Our retinal is doubly stabilized.
The double stabilization of retinal ensures the stability of its molecule for many months. However, the booster formula itself (without preservatives) is designed for optimal use within 16 weeks.
Our boosters are delivered to you ultra-fresh, containing active and fully potent retinal.
In our lab, we create product batches with a high frequency and in small quantities. This ensures that the active ingredients, which are often very unstable, are ultra-fresh, fully potent, and more effective. Our Bloom hero booster doesn't sit on the shelf for many months (or even years, as conventional cosmetics typically have a shelf life of 2-3 years, and even natural cosmetics can have such a long shelf life). Instead, it reaches your fridge fresh and active, preserving its valuable properties.
We have taken care to enhance the absorption of retinal in our formula.
We have created a formulation that provides an optimal environment for retinal and other active ingredients to penetrate and work within the skin.
We take care of the stability of active ingredients during the technological process.
By creating the booster, we minimize the risk of deactivation of active ingredients by avoiding exposure to oxidation, high temperature and destructive UV radiation.
Low temperature and UV-protective glass packaging help to preserve the activity of retinal.
The conditions in which you store a product with retinal are of great importance. Our booster is kept at a low temperature, in packaging made of the best possible glass (violet glass provides better protection than any other colored glass), shielding the product from radiation. Additionally, we take care of storing the raw materials at low temperatures in refrigerators at earlier stages.
Retinal as an active ingredient is more effective and less irritating to the skin.
In comparison to other analogues of retinoic acid, such as esters and retinol, retinal is a significantly more effective substance with fewer irritations. The effectiveness of retinal is due to the fact that it requires only one conversion to retinoic acid, whereas retinol requires two conversions and esters require three. More conversions lead to weaker efficacy and more losses along the conversion pathway to retinoic acid, which is the form that is magically utilized by the skin.
Before using the retinol booster for the first time, it is important to consider the following:
RetinAL is 10 x stronger than retinOL
- 0.05% retinal is equivalent to 0.5% retinol
- 0.15% retinal concentration is equivalent to 1.5% retinol
Before going for the higher concentration formula, prepare the skin by using lower concentrated product
- Choose the booster with lower retinal concentration of 0.05% if you are embarking on your journey with vitamin A (also read "Before the first use" instructions). Provided that your skin is used to retinoids or you have finished therapy supervised by a dermatologist, you may consider higher concentration of retinal 0.15%. The remaining active ingredients of the formula are carefully measured out in perfect concentrations with complementing effect.
- Perform a skin patch test by applying a (very!) small amount of Bloom hero to a small area of skin on the inner side of your forearm (between your wrist and elbow). If there is no irritation, such as itching, excessive redness, or burning, after 24 hours, you can safely apply the booster to your entire face the following day.
- If you have sensitive and/or unaccustomed skin to retinoids, you can use the buffering method, which allows your skin to adjust to the retinal dose and build tolerance gradually. This method involves mixing the booster with a night cream (Starlight cream or creamy New Moon mask work perfectly for this). By mixing the booster with the cream, the retinal will be diluted, resulting in a gentler action and reducing the risk of potential irritation. You can use the buffering method for approximately 2-3 weeks, but if you observe that your skin is not yet ready after this time, you can extend the duration.
- If you have sensitive and/or unaccustomed skin to retinoids, start by using the booster with retinal once a week for 2-3 weeks. Then, gradually increase the frequency to every fifth day, every third day, and finally once daily. This progressive approach allows your skin to adjust to the retinal gradually and minimize the risk of irritation. Monitor your skin's response during each stage and adjust the frequency based on its tolerance.
Here are a few golden rules to follow when using retinol (and other retinoids):
- Use it at night.
- Apply only on dry skin. Wet skin will not allow for even distribution of the booster, which is crucial when using retinal, as it can cause irritation in areas where the booster is applied in a thicker layer.
- Always avoid the eye area, lips and corners of the nose if you have sensitive skin. If it gets into the eyes, rinse thoroughly.
- Apply sun protection because retinal may increase the skin's sensitivity to sunlight.
- Do not use with AHA, BHA, and Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) – discontinue them at least 2 weeks before starting retinal treatment (they have irritating effects on the skin). Discontinue the booster for 3-5 days before any professional treatments.
- Use effective,but pH-balanced cleansers for your skin (e.g., gentle cleansers Goodbye dirt), take care of your skin microbiome..
- Avoid using any exfoliating peels during the therapy, as retinoids already have exfoliating properties.
- Take special care to regenerate and moisturize your skin. Use a good, nourishing night cream and day cream. Your skin should not be excessively dry or tight; if it is, it's a sign that you should apply creams that provide more soothing, regenerating, and occlusive properties.
- In case of irritation (burning, excessive redness, or itching), discontinue the treatment. Resume it once your skin has calmed down, but this time in a lower concentration and frequency. Use the buffering method by diluting it with a night cream.
- When introducing retinoids, observe your skin and take it slowly. Avoid abruptly increasing the dosage. It requires patience, mindfulness, and time. The incredible results will come naturally.
- In case of congested skin, you may experience a temporary breakout when starting retinoid therapy. It is important not to discontinue the use of retinoids during this period, as it is a transitional phase.
Please read more about retinal and retinoids in the article.
All reviews (positive and negative) are displayed. We don't verify that they come from customers who have purchased the product.